Rockets' Clint Capela returns, though still battling pain - Chron

Published

Though Rockets center Clint Capela, who returned to the court on Tuesday after missing a pair of games with a bruised right heel, said he was still far from 100 percent, felt much better than when he struggled in games against the Kings and Warriors.

Capela, who was hurt in the second half of the previous game against the Suns, made just 10 of 22 shots in those two games, though he did average 12.5 rebounds.

“I was in pain,” Capela said. “I couldn’t run. I couldn’t push off my feet, get as high as I wanted rebounding the ball, get as high as I wanted blocking shots. It was just something stopping me from really doing what I do on the court. It was something I was feeling.”

Capela said playing in those games worsened the condition, leading to the decision to sit out against the Nets and Pelicans.

“I’m better; enough to play,” Capela said. “I just have to make sure before the game I do some extra treatment on it; after the game, some hot and cold on it to make sure it keeps getting better.”

GO BEYOND THE GAME: Go inside the breaking news and box scores with insights, detailed analysis and metrics in our Texas Sports Nation newsletter. Subscribe here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida's coronavirus deaths: a tribute to their lives