Who are the top 25 richest NFL players in the world as of 2023?



hofstra basketball :: Article Creator

NBA Draft 2024: High-scoring Hofstra Guard Works Out For Knicks, Looks Ahead To Draft

High-scoring Hofstra guard Tyler Thomas worked out for the Knicks on Friday in what may have been his final workout before the upcoming NBA Draft.

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound guard from New Haven, Conn., was among a handful of prospects to work out in front of Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau and his staff.

"It went well," Thomas said by phone. "I thought I played well, I shot well."

Thibodeau told the players one-by-one, "You guys had a good workout, thank you, appreciate it."

Thomas is one of several players with local ties to work out for the Knicks recently. Former Seton Hall forward Tyrese Samuel and former Ranney School star Bryan Antoine were both at the Knicks' Tarrytown facility this week, and Aaron Estrada, a Woodbury, N.J. Native who played at Saint Peter's, Hofstra and Alabama, is slated to work out for the team on Saturday.

Want to bet on the NBA?

See the best NJ Sports Betting sites

Thomas was named the Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year and won the prestigious Haggerty Award after averaging 22.5 points, 5.2 rebounds and 3.3 assists this past season with the Pride. He made 125 3-pointers -- second in Division 1 to Oakland star and Kentucky-killer Jack Gohlke -- and averaged 3.8 made treys per game.

He is familiar to Rutgers' fans because in 2023 he scored 25 points, including a go-ahead jumper with 9.3 seconds left in overtime, as Hofstra beat the top-seeded Scarlet Knights 88-86 in the first round of the NIT.

Thomas has already worked out for Cleveland, Orlando, Minnesota, Houston, the Lakers, the Clippers and now the Knicks. He may also work out for the newly-minted NBA champion Boston Celtics before the Draft.

He said he grew up a Celtics fan "but I've turned into a Knicks guy when they play the Celtics because I've lived here for so long."

What would it mean to play for the Knicks' Summer League team?

"It would be extremely cool for me," he said. "I watched the Knicks all season this year, just to have a chance with these guys in the Summer League to try to gain a spot and gain some recognition from these guys would be extremely special to me."

As for what he's trying to show teams, Thomas said: "[I'm trying to show] that I compete, defend, try to the little intangible things, I can pick a teammate up, talk defensively, do all the little things that I guy like me would have to accept when it comes to a role in the NBA."

"It's not to be about scoring or shooting 12 3′s a game," he added.

In college, Thomas was known as a scorer.

"I think my biggest strength is scoring, more than just shooting," he said. " I think my next strength is how I talk to people and [communicate] and hopefully I can do that with a team."

Thomas said he's not sure if he will watch the draft because he doesn't expect to be chosen, but he will either be at his father's house in Stamford, Conn., or with former teammates at Hofstra when the Draft begins Wednesday night. For the first time, it will be a two-day event.

What would it mean if he does get chosen?

"That would mean the world to me, but that would just be the beginning," he said. "Obviously if you get drafted in the second round, it's not guaranteed and you gotta still work your up from the G League sometimes and still carve your way into a role or a position that benefits the team somehow."

If he doesn't hear his name called, he hopes to sign as a free agent or earn a Two-Way.

"A Two-Way would be the most realistic thing for me, I think," he said. "And I would be more than OK with developing a little bit in the G League and trying to carve out a spot."

Thank you for relying on us to provide the journalism you can trust. Please consider supporting us with a subscription.

Adam Zagoria is a freelance reporter who covers Seton Hall and NJ college basketball for NJ Advance Media. You may follow him on Twitter @AdamZagoria and check out his Website at ZAGSBLOG.Com.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation. By using this site, you consent to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions, and personal information may be collected, recorded, and/or stored by us and social media and other third-party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.


Hofstra Star Tyler Thomas To Play NBA Summer League With Chicago Bulls

By ADAM ZAGORIA and CHARLIE PARENTHofstra star Tyler Thomas is set to begin the next phase of his basketball career and play in the NBA Summer League with the Chicago Bulls, a league source confirmed to ZAGSBLOG.The 6-foot-3, 200-pound guard from New Haven, Connecticut, won the prestigious Haggerty Award back in April and had around 15 NBA workouts in May before the NBA Draft. Thomas was named the Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year after averaging 22.5 points, 5.2 rebounds and 3.3 assists this past season with the Pride. He made 125 3-pointers — second in Division 1 to Oakland star and Kentucky-killer Jack Gohlke — and averaged 3.8 made treys per game.

As for what he's trying to show this Summer League, Thomas previously told ZAGSBLOG: "[I'm trying to show] that I compete, defend, try to the little intangible things, I can pick a teammate up, talk defensively, do all the little things that I guy like me would have to accept when it comes to a role in the NBA."

"It's not to be about scoring or shooting 12 3′s a game," he added.

In college, Thomas was known as a scorer.

"I think my biggest strength is scoring, more than just shooting," he said. " I think my next strength is how I talk to people and [communicate] and hopefully I can do that with a team."

After not getting selected in last week's draft, Thomas remains upbeat about earning a roster spot in the future, and looking for a Two-Way deal with a team.

"A Two-Way would be the most realistic thing for me, I think," he said. "And I would be more than OK with developing a little bit in the G League and trying to carve out a spot."

Follow Adam Zagoria on TwitterFollow ZAGSBLOGHoops on InstagramAnd Like ZAGS on Facebook

Hofstra University Inducts 4 New Athletes Into Hall Of Fame

Steven Bowen and Chris Weidman both said the lessons they learned at Hofstra set them up for professional success.

News 12 Staff

Jun 11, 2024, 12:41 AM

Updated 20 days ago

Hofstra University added four new members to its athletics hall of fame on Monday.

This year's class of inductees includes former NFL player Steven Bowen, UFC champion Chris Weidman, Hofstra women's basketball player Shante Evans and men's lacrosse player Brian Spallina.

Bowen and Weidman both said the lessons they learned at Hofstra set them up for professional success.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discover Your Path to Success, Register For The MTN Career Fair ...